Our Middle School program emphasizes organization and transition, preparing young learners for the faster pace and more demanding academics that await them in High School. Executive functioning becomes an even greater priority as Middle School students assume more structure in their daily routine and more responsibility for their course work.
- 6th through 8th Grade
- Small class sizes, 6:1 average student/teacher ratio
- Google Chromebooks for every student
- Emphasizes executive functioning, responsibility and structure
- Targets students’ abilities and needs with differentiated instruction
- Encourages independent use of learning strategies and self-advocacy
- Prepares students for High School
- Provides rigorous multisensory, arts-based curriculum
- Offers engaging after school activities
- Fosters healthy competition and teamwork through interscholastic athletics
Middle School students study English, language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies. They can also choose from a wide array of electives – art, sculpture, drawing and painting, school drama, set design, photography, physical education, creative writing, newspaper, audio-visual production, vocal music, year book, and architectural design – to round out their academics. Written language is strongly emphasized; you’ll find it woven throughout our Middle School curriculum. Our daily Language Arts classes encourages students to explore all forms of written expression. Middle School mathematics concentrates on abstract reasoning as well as computation skills. And, in true “Lab tradition,” the full spectrum of arts is used to help students access challenging new material. Technology plays an important role in the Middle School as well with SMARTBoards, Google Chromebooks, Kindles, Quickpads, computers, and software programs effectively enhancing the classroom experience.